Happy Day Policies
Parent/Happy Day Agreement
HAPPY DAY AGREES THAT:
1. Upon payment of the tuition fee, Happy Day will give regular care to the above named child from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, during the WISD school year, except for holidays and school closings.
2. A staff member will examine the children for contagious diseases, or illness before they are admitted for the day. The child will not be admitted until free of fever, vomiting, diarrhea or rash for 24 hours.
3. Happy Day will exercise reasonable care and judgment in all matters related to the safety and welfare of the child.
4. In case of accident or illness to the child the worker will promptly take such reasonable measures, as are in his/her judgment, in the best interest of the child and will notify the parents as soon as possible.
5. Happy Day will provide physical care and emotional, social and mental developmental opportunities in a group setting.
6. Happy Day will not release the child to anyone other than the parent or guardian without authorization from the parent.
7. Happy Day will try to provide materials, toys and equipment in sufficient quantity to allow for a variety of play and learning activities during the day.
THE PARENT AGREES THAT:
1. My child may be cared for at Happy Day Christian Learning Center, a Mother’s Day Out program operated by Lakeshore Drive Baptist Church in Hudson Oaks, Texas.
2. Tuition will be paid during the first week of each month. Regular care will be given to the above named child from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. two days per week during the WISD calendar year, except holidays and school closings. Responsibility for payment on time is that of the parent who signs the Happy Day Agreement form.
3. The parent/guardian will be responsible for the tuition or fee to be paid on time. If the tuition or fee cannot be paid on time, the parent/guardian will make acceptable arrangements for the delayed payment with the Director before the payment is due. If acceptable arrangement for payment has not been made by the 10th of the month, a $10.00 late charge will be assessed.
4. Happy Day operating hours is 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays. Parents who are late picking up their child will be charged $10.00 for each 10 minutes late after 2:30 p.m.
5. The parent/guardian will provide current immunization records at time of registration.
6. Prescribed medication will not be administered by the Happy Day staff.
7. In the judgment of the Director, if the child requires a physician, and the parent/guardian cannot be contacted by Happy Day the child’s physician may be called at the expense of the parent.
8. The parent will notify Happy Day if the child has a contagious illness. The child will not be allowed to return to school until all danger of contagion is past. A doctor’s note will be required and in some cases siblings may be required to remain at home as well.
9. Based on the judgment of the worker, Happy Day has my permission to take reasonable measures in all emergencies, to provide for the safety and welfare of the child.
10. Happy Day reserves the privilege of dismissal of any child if, after entering, he/she is unable to participate in group activities.
11. Happy Day will not be held liable for any accidents or injury to my child.
12. My child has my permission to use all the equipment and to participate in all activities of the program.